Thursday 26 October 2017

Documentary Proposal

For my documentary proposal, I had the idea to make a documentary about home businesses and the effort one must go through to make sure their business succeeds. The main character for this documentary would be my older sister, who is someone who has started up many different home businesses over the years all centred around crafts and fabrics, whether that be fabrics for others to use in their projects or hand made accessories.

The documentary will follow my sister on her day to day routine as she prepares her products and ultimately sets them off for shipping, all while talking about the process of starting your own business and the hardships she faced while starting up her different brands.

 I propose to represent the subject as a story of hope by showing the trial and error process that all businesses go through and how to push through these problems to achieve your dream. I plan on using mostly action shots where we interview my sister while she works rather than a simple sit down interview. I plan on keeping the overall tone of the documentary quite light which an be done through the use of a faint merry melody in the background and a moderate pacing that cuts between interview and action shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment